So. You know how I have this food blog where I do weird things like take pictures of food in my dining room and then tell you how OMGamazing it is and that you must must must make it right right now? Like every single day?
- 4 (13 oz) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- frosting to rim the mugs
- whipped cream or coconut whipped cream for topping marshmallows for topping
- Add coconut milk, condensed milk and extracts to your crock pot, whisking to combine. Stir in salt, cocoa powder and chocolate, whisking again. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. You want to stir and whisk every 15 minutes or so, making sure the chocolate melts nicely and is thoroughly distributed throughout the mixture. The best thing I can say here is to “know” your crockpot. I knew that mine could sit on low for a few hours while being mixed at least once every 30 minutes. After a while it began to thicken and bubble on the sides, so I left it on but removed the lid and whisked well. Just keep your eye on it and whisk everything together.
- Before serving, add coconut to a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Toast for 5-6 minutes until golden. Let cool, then add to a paper or ziplock bag and crush with you hands under small flakes remain.
- To serve, rim the edges of a mug with some frosting or glaze or something sticky, then dip the rims in the toasted coconut flakes. pressing gently to adhere. Pour hot chocolate in the mugs and garnish with whipped cream and marshmallows.
Source : howsweeteats